If you are a US Citizen, applying to the Masters in MIS program, and are interested in working in cybersecurity with a U.S. Government agency our AZSecure Scholarship for Service Fellowship Program may be right for you. This two year program will provide a full ride scholarships to select individuals with the interest and aptitude for a career in cybersecurity. For more information, please click here.
Requirements for admission into the Masters in MIS program.
- For domestic students a Bachelor's degree from an regionally accredited college or university. For international students an US comparable Bachelor's degree.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher
The MIS department requires that all international applicants calculate their entrance GPA using the department's GPA Calculator. The calculator and instructions can be found here
Copies of GMAT or GRE scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (test must have been taken within the last five years of intended term of enrollment. No score minimum.)
- Copies of TOEFL/IELTS scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores (for international applicants only who have not graduated from a U.S.A. institution (Degree must not be older than two years from the term of enrollment). Test must have been taken within two years of the intended term of enrollment. Minimum TOEFL score of 80 internet based testing, IELTS test composite score of 7 (no subject area below 6.)
- Copies of official transcripts/academic records (uploaded during online application process)
- Official transcripts/academic records (official documents needed ONLY after being admitted into program.)
- From a US institution: Final, official transcript showing degree awarded with conferred date
- From an international institution: Final, official transcripts/academic records showing degree awarded with conferred date and/or official degree/diploma certificate More details here on accepted transcripts/academic records
- Resume which includes work experience with dates of employment (uploaded during online application process)
- Personal Statement that states your career objectives and how you expect your MIS graduate education will enhance your career objectives. We welcome students with a wide range of interests and industry, social and academic aspirations. (uploaded during online application process)
- Two letters of recommendation (uploaded during online application process)
- Completed Graduate College Application (including paying the application fee)
- If you do not have a sufficient business background, you may be required to take up to two business courses. You will be informed of this requirement upon admittance.
- Before joining our program, students should have experience in computer and Web programming. Students should have knowledge and experience with (1) Java and (2) JSP and Servlets, PHP or .NET/J2EE. Knowledge of database connectivity via ODBC or JDBC is also recommended.
For ALL Masters programs January 15th - for Fall of same year
When requesting official score reports, please use the following:
- GRE: 4832 (The University of Arizona)
- TOEFL: 4832 (The University of Arizona)
- GMAT: 4832 (The University of Arizona)