AZSecure Cybersecurity Program
If you are interested in a career in cybersecurity, our AZSecure might be right for you. This two-year program provides full scholarships to select individuals. U.S. citizens can apply for the Government Service Track; anyone is eligible to apply for the Industry Employment Track.
Technology Leadership Program (TLP)
This elite program gives students the opportunity to receive MBA and MS MIS degrees in only two and a half years of study. Learn more >
Requirements for admission into the Master of Science in MIS program are:
- For domestic students: a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- For international students: a U.S. comparable Bachelor's degree.
The MIS department requires that all international applicants calculate their entrance GPA using the University of Arizona, Graduate College - GPA Calculator. PLUS applicants will be asked to upload a screen shot of the GPA results during the application process.
The calculator and instructions can be found here: http://grad.arizona.edu/tools/gpacalculator/.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher
When applying, you will need to provide the following:
- Copies of GMAT or GRE scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores. The test must have been taken within the last five years of intended term of enrollment. (No minimum score requirement)
- GRE –use school code 4832
- GMAT – Eller College of Management, MSMIS
- Copies of TOEFL/IELTS scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores - use school code 4832 (for international applicants only who have not graduated from an institution in the U.S. (degree must not be older than two years from the term of enrollment). Test must have been taken within two years of the intended term of enrollment. Minimum TOEFL score of 80 internet based testing, IELTS test composite score of 7 (no subject area below 6.)
- Copies of official transcripts/academic records (uploaded during online application process)
- Official transcripts/academic records (official documents needed ONLY after being admitted into program.)
- From a US institution: Final, official transcript showing degree awarded with conferred date
- From an international institution: Final, official transcripts/academic records showing degree awarded with conferred date and/or official degree/diploma certificate More details here on accepted transcripts/academic records
In addition to work experience with dates of employment, your resume should include education, awards and honors, memberships, leadership experience, and participation in professional organizations. (uploaded during online application process)
Statement of Purpose (video OR written statement)
The MIS Department welcomes applications from a wide range of academic backgrounds, professional interests, and personal aspirations. As a way of sharing your personal vision, please prepare a written statement OR a 3-5 minute video that describes why you are interested in a career in information systems, your specific interests in the academic programs of the MIS Department, and how earning a Master’s degree in MIS from the University of Arizona will contribute to you achieving your professional goals. (uploaded during online application process)
Letters of Recommendation
Request letters from two people who can speak to your eligibility for this program. (uploaded during online application process)
Completed Graduate College Application ( including paying the application fee)
- If you do not have a sufficient business background, you may be required to take up to two business courses. You will be informed of this requirement upon admittance.
- Before joining our program, students should have experience in computer and Web programming. Students should have knowledge and experience with (1) Java and (2) JSP and Servlets, PHP or .NET/J2EE. Knowledge of database connectivity via ODBC or JDBC is also recommended.
For ALL Masters programs: January 15, for matriculation in Fall of the same year
When requesting official score reports, please use the following:
- GRE: 4832 (The University of Arizona)
- TOEFL: 4832 (The University of Arizona)
- GMAT: Eller College of Management, MSMIS