Master's in MIS Certifications
Certifications are important components of a career education program as they provide evidence of skill attainment. Earning a certification has many benefits. It gives the student a sense of accomplishment, a highly valued professional credential, bolsters resumes, and helps make them more employable with higher starting salaries.
Facing increased competition, a volatile economy and unprecedented quantities of data, many companies have turned to business intelligence – and those with the right skills will be positioned for success. Through analysis and forecasting, business intelligence provides crucial insight into a company's profitability and performance.
The Business Intelligence and Anyalytics Certificate entails successful completion of three 3 unit courses for a total of 9 units.
Students must take the one core course listed below and select two (2) elective courses of their choice.
Enterprise Data Management (MIS 531)
|Elective Courses - Students will choose two (2) of these|
|Data Mining for Business Intelligence (MIS 545)|
|Big Data Analytics (MIS 586)|
|Business Intelligence (MIS 587)|
Security awareness training is important in almost any type of industry. Whether inside or outside, crime can have a devastating effect on a company. Students completing the Enterprise Security Certificate will become proficient at spotting suspicious activity, which in turn can reduce the opportunities for crime to occur.
The Enterprise Security Certificate entails successful completion of three 3 unit courses for a total of 9 units.
Upon successful completion of the three courses students can receive:
- The Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Information Security, from The University of Arizona's Graduate College
- The National Security Agency's (NSA) Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) certificates including
- CNSS 4011 – Information Systems Security Professionals
- CNSS 4012 – Senior Systems Managers
- CNSS 4016 – Risk Analyst
- CNSS 4013 - Systems Administration
- The MIS Departmental Enterprise Security Certificate
- CPE units for CISSP, ISSAP, ISSEP, ISSMP, CAP and SSCP designation(s). These designations are offered by (ISC)².
- CPE units for CISM and CRISC designations which are offered by ISACA.
- One year of qualified work experience towards the the Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®) designation.
Courses available for the certificate include:
|Course title||Additional certificate(s) earned|
|Information Security in the Public and Private Sectors (MIS515)||CNSS 4011 – Information Systems Security Professionals & CNSS 4012 – Senior Systems Managers|
|Information Security, Risk Mgmt., Disaster Recovery (MIS516)||CNSS 4016 – Risk Analyst|
|Systems Security Management (MIS517)||CNSS 4013 - System Administrators|